The Portland Way
Portland is a place for thought leaders and innovators. We have built an ecosystem of public, private, and nonprofit sector leaders to develop and test new solutions for everyday urban challenges. Our natural affinity for collaboration and community serves us well in growing our local economy while preserving the environment.
The Portland Development Commission values its role as a facilitator in growing the innovation economy. We support the clean technology sector in product development, deployment and growth to increase its competitiveness around the world.
- New Product Commercialization We work with our partners at Oregon’s Signature Research Centers, accelerators, and universities to accelerate the commercialization of new products.
- Early Adopter Program We established an Early Adopter Program to deploy and demonstrate new Clean Tech products.
- Financing We offer financial services to firms located within the City of Portland for growth capital or physical infrastructure.
- Venture Capital We connect outside financing resources for local companies looking to scale up or enter new markets.
- Promote Portland We position firms for export opportunities by providing market research, showcasing products at trade shows, featuring company stories on the We Build Green Cities website, and connecting to foreign markets.
Join the community! Contact us today.
Program Manager, We Build Green Cities